Asparagus Pasta salad
What you need!
- 3 cups cooked spiral pasta (any)
- Large handful baby spinach leaves
- Bunch asparagus, blanched
- ½ tub cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tbs pine nuts
- 2 tbs sunflower seeds
- 150g mozzarella cheese, cubed
- ½ red onion, sliced
- Tin of salmon slices, optional
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
What to do!
- Cook pasta as packet direction and blanch asparagus for about 3 mins in boiling water.
- Remove asparagus and run under cold water, drain.
- Put all ingredients in a large salad bowl, toss well. Refrigerate before serving.
- To make dressing, juice lemon, add oil and sweet chilli sauce into a small jar or container and shake well.
- Add the dressing just before serving or to individual plates if everyone is not into the dressing.
- Add salmon slices if desired.
- Serve with a slice of sourdough bread.
NOTE: Add poached chicken or last nights roast meat leftovers instead of salmon. Mix up the nuts and add your favourite. Add chia seeds or pumpkin seeds. Totally up to you.