These cupcakes are vegan, additive free, nut free, egg free, dairy free and gluten free. So very simple to make, super moist and tasty too. They make a great recipe to kick start your year for giving "Additive Free Friday" a go. Remember it only takes one meal or snack and you have participated in AFF! Let me know what the kids think of them as mine didin't even chew them.....
What you need!
1 cup organic coconut
1 1/4 cups coconut milk
1 cup rice flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup sugar (raw, rapadura, coconut)
zest of one lime
pinch of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
What to do!
- Place oil and sugar in a large bowl and combine.
- Add vanilla essence, coconut milk & lime zest.
- Next add salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour.
- Finally add coconut and combine.
- Place in prepared patty cases and cook in oven at 180c for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- I used icing sugar and the juice of 1/2 a lime to make the icing.
- Then dipped the tops on organic coconut.