Everyone knows I'm a sucker for chai tea. So why not up the ante and have a chai tea WITH a Chai Tea Cupcake. Full of those yummy relaxing spices that take me straight to my happy place. Let's get to it then.....
What you need!
- 1 1/3 cup wholemeal flour (rice flour if you want them to be gluten free)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup milk (rice, dairy or soy)
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 black tea bags
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup raw, rapadura or coconut palm sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place milk and tea bags in a saucepan and heat till milk nearly boils.
- Remove from heat and let steep.
- Squeeze milk from tea bags and be sure that the final milk mixture is 1 cup. Add extra milk if need be.
- Place milk mixture, yoghurt, oil and vanilla into a large bowl.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Add all other ingredients and combine well.
- Spoon into patty cases and bake at 180c for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and dust with icing sugar.
"People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one"